top of page

Enforcement of Court Orders

Contact Us Now

Obtaining an order that is legally enforceable can be done in various ways. For example, you may start an application in the court to obtain an order for custody, access, support, or division of family property, among other things. Once the court makes a decision regarding your case, a court order will be issued.

In other situations, spouses will come to an agreement in a less formal setting; for example, by sitting down with their lawyers or a mediator. Informal discussions such as these can result in the creation of a domestic contract, such as a separation agreement, a paternity agreement, or a cohabitation agreement. In order for these agreements to be enforceable, they must be filed with the court.

At Russell Alexander Family Lawyers, we regularly help clients obtain the support payments they are entitled to receive from their former spouse. If your former spouse is withholding his or her support obligations from you, please contact us for more information.

Image by Scott Graham
bottom of page